This is a recipe from the bread book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a day.I am just givinh one of the Master dough recipe here and with theis recipe you can make lots of different bread.With this Master dough recipe I made the Brioche Filled with Chocolate Gnache.
Makes four 1 pound loaf.
The recipe is easily doubled or halved.
1 1/2 cups luke warm water
1 1/2 tsp yeast1
1/2 tbsp salt
8 Eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup Honey
1 1/2 cup unsalted butter ( 3 sticks), melted, plus extra butter for greasing the pan.
7 1/2 cups all purpose flour
Egg wash ( 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water)
1. Mix the yeast, salt eggs, honey, and melted butter with the water in a 5-quart bowl , or a food container (not air tight)
2. Mix in the flour without kneading, using a sppon, a 14-cup capacity food processor ( with dough attachement), or a heavy-duty stand mixer (with dough hook). If you are not usinf a machine, you may need to use wet hands to incoporate the last bit of flour. The dough will be loosen but will firm up when chilled, don't try to work with it before chilling.
3. Cover (not airtight),
4. Refrigerate in a lidded ( not air tight) container and use over the next 5 days. Beyond 5 days freeze the dough in one pound portions in a airtight container for upto 4 weeks. When using frozen dough, thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours, then allow the usual rest and rise time
5. Defrost the dough overnight in the fridge if frozen.On baking day grease 9 x 4 x 3 inch nonstick loafpan. Dust the surface of the refrigated dough with flour and and cut ogg a 1 pound piece. (grapefruit size).Dust the piec with more flour and quickly shape into a ball by streching the surface of the dough around to the bottom on all sides, roating the ball a quater turn as you go.
6. Elongate into a oval shape and place in the prepared pan. Allow to rest for 1 hour and 20 minutes
7. Preaheat the oven to 350°F.
8. Using a pastry brush, brush the top crust with egg wash.
9. Place the bread near the center of the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or untill a medium golden brown. Due to the fat in the dough, brioche will not form a hard crackling crust.
This dough can be used for making variety of breads.Brioche filled with Chocolate Gnache is made with this dough.
When i made the dough I halfed the ingridients and made one brioche chocolate bread.