When ever I make this dish Shyama just loves it.
And what isn't there to love aobut it, they are deep fried and have a silky sauces and they are spicy and sweet.
I don't remember when I made these dish, but whta I know is that it has been lying in my draft for so long that I thought that it is time that I posted them. And I am sure it has been there for months and months.........
And I cannot find a reason why I didnt post it as it is such a delicious dish.
Ingredients for meatballs
500 gm Chicken Minced. ( Use chicken thighs, if you use chicken breast the balls are drier )
2 spring onions – finely chopped
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of soy sauce
4 fresh chilies finley cut ( optional or use less amount of chillies)
1 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp ginger puree
3 tbsp of cornstarch + Extra corn flour for rolling the balls before frying them.
Salt and pepper to taste Take care of the amonut of salt as there is salt in the soy sauce and th oyster sauce..
Oil for deep frying
1. Put all the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well and let it marinate for an hour.
2. Form it into little balls . Roll them lightly with the extra corn flour.
Heat the oil and deep fry them till golden and keep aside.
Ingredients for the sweet and sour meatballs:
For the sauce.
1 cup of pineapple - cubes
1 big onion sliced in chunks
I tomato cut into chunks
1 carrot - sliced thinly
2 clove of garlic - finely chopped
1 small piece finley chopped ginger
2 chillies chopped (optional or use less amount)
2 tsp soya sauce
4 tbsp of tomato ketchup
2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of sugar
1 to 2 tbsp of cornstarch
1 cup of chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set it aside.
2. Heat some oil in a pan, stiry fry garlic, carrot and onions, ginger until fragrant.
3. Add in the sauce, bring it up to a boil, add in meatballs , pineapple and tomato. Stir well until sauce reduce and thicken.
Serve with plain rice or noodles.