The charming music of Rabindranath Tagore, named Jharo Jharo on violin....performed by hubby
Jhumna performes in violin by my daughter, now you all know from were she gets her Talent, not from me but from hubby dear :-)
Makes four 1 pound loaves. The recipe is easily doubled or halved.
3 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tbsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rye flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
5 1/2 cups unleached whole purpose flour ( I used splet)
Cornnmeal for the pizza peel '( used normal flour)
2. Mix the remianing dry indriedients without kneading, usinf a spoon, a 14 - cup capacity food processor ( with dough attachment), or a heavy duty stand mixer ( with dough hook).
If you are not using a machine, you may nee to use wet hands to incorporate the last bit of flour.
3. Cover ( not airtight) I used plastic foil to coer the bowl . and allow to rest at room temperatire untill the dough risses and collapse ( or flattens on top), approximatley 2 hours.
4. The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Regrigerate in a lidded ( not air tight ) container ( iused huge glass bowl and covered with plastic foil, and use over the next 14 days.
5 On the baking day, dust the surface of the regrigerated dough with flour and cutt off a 1 pound piece.
Dust with more flour and quickly shape it into a ball by stretching the surface of the dough around to the bottom on all four sides, rotating the ball a quater tuen as you go.
Allow to rest and rise on a cornmeal covered peel for 40 minutes.
6. Twenty minutes before baking time, prehaet the oven to 450°F, with a baking stone placed on the middle rack. Place an empty broiler tray on any other shelf that won't inter frere with the rising bread.
I didn't do the step 6 as i don't have a stone, I preheated the oven and just baked the bread in oven.
7. Sprinkle the loaf liberally with flour and shash a cross, or tic tac toe patter onto the top, using a serated knife.
8. Slide the loaf directly onto the hot ston. Pour 1 cup of hot tap water into the brolier tray and quicly close the oven door.
Bake for about 35 minutes or untill the top crust is deeply browned and very firm.
Agian I didn't do the step 8 as i wrote above just baked the bread in a preheated oven.
9. Allow to cool before slicing and enjoying them.
I halved the ingridient list and made 1 big bread than small ones. And baked them for 50 minutes in 200°c
My Devilishly smiling and Winking bread ;-)
Sending to which is hosted this month at Tangerine's Kitchen a event founded by Zorra , for passionate and to-be bread bakers.